Now every ship is gonna become available for every player, there should be no more server troubles and customization is finally here!
And the main news is — you’ll need a bigger hangar!
From now on, all game ships are permanently available to every player. This is free, unlimited and simple. Just grab whatever vessel you like and fly into combat!
Availability of ships will not change with the coming release, all ships are equal (but different in style) and together they form a range that’s suitable for everyone. And even more ships with new combat roles and gameplay styles will arrive soon! Follow the updates if you don’t want to miss it.
This is a part of our new initiative that’s better for both free and Elite players alike!
But that’s certainly not all that was done. Here’s a list of our accomplishments:
- there’s a new unique limited-offer that’ll help you get a limited edition ship; it’s like pre-order DLC, only better, because everybody can get it! You buy a Pioneer Edition and you get three ships that are available only to Pioneers! here.
- ship customization is finally available, though still in the prototype stage. What does this mean? This means that you can change the colours of your ship to your heart’s desire. And not only that! Every ship now has four different models to choose from — same armaments, different hull. Who knows, maybe the jagged one really brings out the beauty of your maneuver — or the sleek one really suits your shooting style. Choose the one that’s better for you, recolor and reskin it — and fly back into battle!
- customization options include new hulls, new colors, new textures and camouflage patterns; there’s a lot of stuff already available and even more will come soon!
- all Elite players receive all the ship customization options at once, no additional unlocking neccessary! And all those luxuries will stay with you to Release point and beyond! Read our new announcements to find out more.
- everybody else can buy new skins and textures for Reputation points — blow stuff up, earn renown and spend that renown on fancy stripes and scary decals!
- no more synchronisation troubles! We fixed all the problems we — with your immeasurable help! — have found, so now the game should work quickly, smoothly and without unpleasant surprises (except for those your opponents have in stock).
- we’ve overhauled the tutorial! Now you can have all your pilot’s school education in whooping five minutes! And, well, it’s just for spaceships, so don’t go buying that Boeing just yet.
- the engine for achievements is out, though not all the medals and badges are already minted; we help you gain them, but it’s your job to boast them!
- we took significant steps in improving gameplay — rebalanced a lot of stuff and also added two new technologies to all ships — they are called Evasion and Escape and do pretty much what it says on the tin. Not that we’d call your ship a tin — after all, we modelled it!
If you really want to get into the nitty-gritty,this link is for you.
Remember — the game is still in Early Access, which means it’s not only actively developed, but still is rough around the edges and does not include a lot of content planned for release. And when is that, you ask? Well, glad you asked! We’re planning on release late this summer, so brace yourselves for there’s fare more cannons, lasers and rockets coming your way!